5.03.2014

Marketing-related Tidbits

I don't even know if it is because of time and history; I obviously have not yet lived long enough to make any assumptions in regards to life. But through my brief 23 years of living on Earth, I feel like there is a general trend that life does get unnecessarily complicated over the years, months, weeks, days, hours, minutes, and yes, even seconds (e.g. think of the split second before & after an opening of a devastating e-mail).

The worst case scenario on genuinely unnecessary-made-necessary element in everyone's daily lives (unless you are senile) is social media. It has evolved into the mass-time-consuming act of critical marketing, basically even creating multiple industries from scratch. I mean, I'm even directing and investing a whole chunk of my career within it. I do not disregard social media's powers and its importance on anything marketing (social media's powers even gets super personal -- think personal branding!), but I can't help but cringe with half-shame-half-pride when one of my publishing-enthusiast-cum-authenticity-driven fellows say phrases like "It's a joke," and "I mean you don't really write... do you?" I guess we don't. We talk. We really don't write. We really do talk. We talk in social media talk on social media so that we sound like we are an actual "personality." We want to be everyone's friend -- if not BFF. And fuck, man, it's fucking hard to be everyone's BFF in your multiple target audiences.

And here is a simple tip to the ones who do it in an infographic! It's just beautiful!!!
And also, this infographic may enlighten those somewhat unaware of the difficulties of small yet decisive social media marketing.

Here is the link to FULL ARTICLE: The Blogging Food Groups: A Well-Balanced Diet of Content
And here is a short preview screencap... Enjoy! :)



An additional tidbit is about The Talks and its support by Rolex... Has The Talks always been supported by Rolex?! And since when? Why do brands butt into almost everything that's great? If really The Talks was launched by Rolex as a brand project, that's pretty cool, I guess. Pretty brilliant, more like. If anybody has any answers to this, shoot me a comment/email? Thanks.




For EYE-CAPTIVATING Visuals, Click Me Now

Ciao, fellas.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...