7.08.2010

cupcakes, cupcakes, cupcakes ..nachos !

It was Father's Day back in June when Vancouver's first Cupcake Challenge was held !
I was notified through twitter and other blogs and what not and being a cupcake lover (excpet I can only eat them with coffee.. not too good with sweets), I called up my high school friend, Bianca, and proceeded to Yaletown Roundhouse Community Centre.

WOW.
So that day.. I just remember eating. I'll post the Father's Day dinner part some time else.. it's a whole food post by itself T^T. There really is no wonder why I don't decrease in my clothing size. Bahahhahaha.

Each person who entered the room were judges.. so in a way one is obliged to eat cupcakes from each booth. The room SMELLED SWEET. Okay !??!? There was a lot of traffic and A LOT of cupcakes being handed out !! FOR FREE !! YAAAYYYY !! Plus, the waterbottles being sold on site were only $1 !
Big City Cupcakes won overall and the Neopolitan cupcake from Frostings won the best cupcake. I voted for Big City as the winner even though they are obviously the most renowned.. their cupcakes were TOO GOOD !! I also took a shot of the Neopolitan cupcake because that REALLY tasted good. So I think the results were truly honest and rewarding ! :) :) :)

After the Cupcake Challenge, Bianca and I went to JJ Bean for some caffeine. For me, I had to wash out all the leftover sweetness in my mouth, ahahhaha. And voila ! That was our lunch at around eleven o'clock in the morning.

SORRY FOR THE HORRIBLE PICTURE QUALITY.. I forgot my camera.. so I took pictures with my BlackBerry. :'( :'( :'(
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Then we were off to Main Street for No Car Day festivities !! I picked up a scarf, my friend, Maddy, picked up a beautiful set of feather earrings, and tired and hungry as we were around four, we went to The Main for some beer and nachos. MMMM. NACHOS.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...