2.14.2011

HONG KONG IN THE 80S !

Yesterday, I was given a glimpse into the music scene in Hong Kong in the 80s. Though I was informed that most of the famous songs were Japanese songs directly translated into Cantonese, there were still some thriving original Hong Kong artists.

Even though I cannot speak or understand Cantonese.. I find these songs super good !!!!! I hope you like them, too. Thanks to my friend, Jenny, who introduced them to me.. via her KARAOKE MACHINE. Her Karaoke also has RUMOURS by LINDSAY LOHAN. Flipping my shit here and there; reality's too good to be true. HEHEHEHEHEHEHE.

I don't know the name of this woman. So sad, and so is this song. Almost near tears. Something about the behind story of a wedding. Boo hoo.


Sam Hui and his posse of four super hip Hong Kong men. His boss is an asshole, we get the point. Song deals with working class people blahblahb, but I just really dig his outfit in the first part of the music video with the flared pants. OW OWWWW ! Oh and one of his possy men is really hot. Okay. Yeah. Judge me if you wish to.


Priscilla Chan sings Silly Girl. The olden days were so GLAMOROUS. LOOK AT WHAT SHE'S WEARING. She's so petite and cute. This song's also very sad, but the melody sounds very CLASSIC, ya know !? I LOOOOOOOOOVE IT !!!!!! It seems like she's still out and about singing.. I saw her live videos of her concerts that are somewhat recent - 2008. I totally dig her dark eyebrows and her painted lips and her SUPER GLITTERY OUTFIT + HEADPIECE. Ugh, s w o o n - - - - -


Finally, since one of my favourite bands, Arcade Fire WON A FUCKING GRAMMY !!! ALBUM OF THE YEAR !!!!!! THE SUBURBS, YEAAAAHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel obliged to embed a video of them. Wake Up from their first album, Funeral. They are playing a holy show @ Madison Square Garden in NYC. Fuck yeah !!!!!!!!!!!


Kk, much loves. Enjoy good music everyday. It'll help with your health. xx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...