2.09.2011

recent viewings

Yesterday morning, I felt like a short movie. So I searched up an old Japanese cult movie based on novel and manga, Battle Royale !! Basically another sick (not like GREAT SICK, but like GROTESQUE SICK) Japanese movie about middle schoolers killing off each other on a deserted island. I feel like I shouldn't've started my day with such a movie.........


Last night, I watched a recent (2009) Hong Kong movie. I'm super into Asian movies lately. Just trying to try out all different kinds of movies, ya know. I've kind of no stress on my shoulders because I've got reading break next week. YAAAYYYY !!
Anyways, this one's called OVERHEARD and it's sort of like the old HK cop movies because it moves quite slow. But it is distinctively new since it deals with all this new, high-technology gear !!! WOAAAHHHHH. The morale: Just don't commit crimes or do things against your moral & ethics. FOR REALLZZZZZ.


You can watch it on YouTube on low quality... And without the English subtitles.. HAHA.


Then there's King's Speech. Where everyone was brilliant and I cried so so so so so much in the theatre. I can't believe myself. And on a Colin Firth roll, I watched both the Bridget Jones's Diaries.. YAY !!!!!! I really do wish that the movie will win LOTS of awards at the Oscar's the end of this month. Hehe.

Oh and movies that I've to watch:
True Grit - Cohen bros.
Blue Valentine - MMMmmmm Gosling, SWOON.
Barney's Version - this one will be my mother-and-daughter bonding time :P

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...