4.11.2011

hey gaaaaiizzzz

Finance done. It gave me an upset stomach, a headache, sleepiness, and bad taste buds. I just want to crash, but I cannot. For I've two more finals tomorrow. Then three more to go after......... Death, ain't it ?

So to survive these few brutal days and to put me into a bit of a downer is the band, Girls. Out from SF, California, Girls debuted back in 2007 but caught most of the attention in 2009 with their first record, Album. I found them via Pitchfork way back when they were showcased on a rooftop for PitchforkTV. They sounded VERY ELVIS COSTELLO and super naive.. Maybe that's why I was never GUNG HO GIRLS !!! YEAH !!!!!

But this naivete is their key point now and I've grown to like it. Past November, 2010, they released an EP, Broken Dreams Club. The six songs on it epitomizes broken dreams and you can feel the brutal honesty. I think its climax point is their track, Substance. I've posted the lyrics below; it's pretty easy to figure out what Chris is talking about. It is beautifully sad, hazy and vain, and pointlessly hopeless. And I go back and forth and back and forth trying to figure out the paths in my life and trying to get closer to Him.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

PS. Try finding them on Google. Googling "girls" is hard enough but "girls band" doesn't work and "girls California" doesn't work.. Not even "girls Chet" doesn't work !! Chet as in Chet the vice-captain of the band. Instead Google gives you the search of "girls chest" and yeah, I don't mind titties, but I don't swing that way, okay ? So yeah. It's been a journey-

PPS. The lead singer and guitarist and basically the head honcho of the band, Christopher Owens, was a past member of The Children of God cult. WOOWAOOWAWOWOAHHHHh-

SUBSTANCE by GIRLS
SUBSTANCE by GIRLS
SUBSTANCE by GIRLS
and the guy on the very left with the long luscious hair, swoon-


It doesn't have to be this way / I know something / to take the corners off
and help you rock and roll / right down the road
and if you want to shape your brain / I know a substance / that gets rid of everything
and helps you rock and roll / out of control

who wants something real / when you could have nothing
why not just give up / who wants to try
let go of the wheel / turn your ass over / come on take it / it's a simple ride

i never asked to feel this way / it's something that happened / you can just go with it, man
you can rock and roll / right down the road
if you take it day by day / don't try to fight it / you can do anything, yah
you can rock and roll / out of control

who wants something real / when you could have nothing
why not just give up / who wants to try
let go of the wheel / turn your ass over / come on take it / it's a simple ride

I take the key in my hand and it opens up the day
I take the key in my hand and it takes the pain away (hey hey)
I take the key in my hand and it opens up the day
I take the key in my hand and it takes the pain away (hey hey)
I take the key in my hand and it opens up the day

But if I had love I’d throw it all away

*************************************************************

SNEAK PEEK TO THE NEXT BOY SHOWCASE :O :O :O WHO IS THIS ?! YA KNOWWWW ?????? ;) ;) ;)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Source: google images, tumblr

4 comments:

moon said...

I love girls too! :))) I was just listening to them on my way to the library today. I am glad u like'em too.x and I understand ur crush on guys with long hair - and I see that people like'em do look good in those hair but... thinking about the general avg population, it'd be better for many of the guys to keep their hair short. mhmmmmm x

rachel said...

I'm still unsure if I like them >< !!! But I do love this song. LOVE LOVE LOOOOVE !!!!!!

And fine, about men with long hair. Hmph, ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ <3 열 ! 공 !! >< !!!!

아비규환 said...

naver에선 girls를 쳐보니 '가수'하고 나오는군요 ㅎㅎ 구글 girls Chest 쳐보곤 깜짝!^^

rachel said...

ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ 넵 ! Girls Chet을치면.. automatically girls chest 로나온다니가요 !! 난 Chet jr. White를찾는것이엇는뎅.... 키키킼

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...