4.05.2011

On Cambie

I think everyone knows that I'm sort of a coffee addict. It's awful. I drink more coffee than water everyday and when I eat oranges, my liver starts hurting. And then I believe a coffee addict ultimately turns into a coffee snob. So basically... I LOSE EVERYTHING. THERE IS NO #WINNING (INSERT CHARLIE SHEEN HASHTAG WAHAHAHAHHA) IN LIFE THIS WAY. But I faithfully drink coffee everyday several times a day. On some nights or long days on campus, I utilize my love/hate friends: INSTANT COFFEE. For your information, Starbucks's VIA instant coffee isn't that bad. Its French and Italian roast is definitely worth its price... better yet, you can be lucky like me and have a friend that works for Starbucks grab a pack for you once in awhile !!!!!! IKR !? I'M SO LUCKY. BE JEALOUS-

But we have digressed.... As usual.

Let's go back to REAL coffee. So I go around the city trying out different cafes. And on a rainy day where I had business to do on Cambie later in the day, Jackie and I decided to hit up BEANS !!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Beans, on Cambie and 18th, is a small-ish neighborhood cafe where it's full with REGULARS. I almost felt uncomfortable and even less confident since I wasn't a regular. There was this comfy veil of people who obviously lived at least 1/10th of their lives at the cafe. But the barista was especially friendly so I grabbed a seat and a table, ordered an americano, and read my novella waiting for Jackie to come.
The americano was awesome. It wasn't bitter yet strong. I HATE BITTER COFFEE !!!!! I like strong coffee. There is a difference between the two, OKAY !? Most of their baked goods are home made (YUM !) and their fruit smoothies looked too good to be true.
So hit Beans up if you have the time !!! URBANSPOON BEANS HERE

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic


WALRUS on Cambie was where my friend, Jamie, showcased his lovely macarons ! Walrus is a kitchy - yet fancy - store on Cambie that promotes local artists as well as already accomplished designers. They have the greatest collection of things YOU WANT TO BUY but cannot because.. well, it's not really a necessity. The owners are HUGE sweethearts, so if you're bored on Cambie, you now know where to go.

Jamie, being good buddies with the owners brought over LOTS of macarons with his sister and sold them to people who came - like me & Jackie ! Huzzah !!!! They looked SO PRETTY and had six flavours so we could not resist. He also had a few little bitty samples and AHMAGAWD, they were REALLY REALLY GOOD. I could not believe that these were HOME MADE !!!!!!!! They were definitely one of the best (!!!!) macarons I've had and he truly deserves some recognition.

Find Jamie's macarons on Facebook here: click click YUMMY YUMMY click click
Or e-mail Jamie regarding them at info@ilovemacarons.ca
Walrus wrote about this day, too, on their blog ! click click WALRUS click click
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

It was a ridiculously wet day today. Just like this day back in February.
TIME FLIES-

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...