4.16.2014

Return

Today I return with some peace on my mind and with "chutzpah" around all the dull corners of my mentality and life. However insecure that may sound, I am the most confident about myself and my surrounding environment right now. I can't articulate how satisfied I am at the moment into words, because there seems to be absolutely no thin ice under me. Am I grounded? Is this growing up and knowing yourself? Or is this an alternate reality that grown-ups make for themselves so that they can call themselves grown up?

Let us end with the word games and believe in emotional intelligence.

source: iampurpose


I have had the most wonderful past few days filled with Netflix, friends, good coffee, drinks, IM messages, Snapchat, Korean food, company, never-ending assignments, and even some reading. The sun had graced the people of Vancouver to its almighty beauty and happiness for a few days before letting the rain fall to freshen up the city. The cherry blossoms are all dead on the sidewalk and make me feel good to be born human-can you believe being born as a cherry fucking blossom? Never. One will have a lifespan of at maximum one week, weather permitting. Ugh. But coming back on point, I'm basically laying the grounds on the good days I've had. Ergo, I'm blogging again. This summer, I have a feeling that I will take up on some personal challenges all revolving around the central theme of REGULARITY. Making some DAILY PATTERNS. Having a REGULAR lifestyle. Y'know like waking up at a certain time and keeping up with the blog, giving some love to the regular people, texting mommy a nice text at 2 pm when she's just chilling on Facebook, attempting to work out for 15 minutes... Stuff like that...

This was further enforced by myself unto myself after watching Bill Cunningham New York.



REFLECTION POINTS:
a) I need to go to NYC.
b) I need to be like this guy - I need to have one look, ride my bike, become really old, be a walking encyclopedia about one topic, do not give a fuck about money, and go to church every Sunday.

Whatever that Bill Cunningham has NEVER conveyed to the public gets communicated in this short documentary. Wonderfully edited with past and current clips, holistically respectful to Bill, and finally with great emphasis on NYC, the city itself, is amazing. It is only about 90 min long, which makes it just a nap-replacer. I cried a lot since Bill is going to go sometime soon and his absence will inevitably create a void.


Anyways, I have a long way to go until I can be a sophisticated lady, yet a New Yorker. So I guess I'll just keep tumbling around and grow some branches. From those arms, I'll fixate on a few things and lay down some roots. And then I will become a cherry blossom tree and flutter my life away within a week.

Hey man, that doesn't sound that bad. #CherryBlossomSuicidalNote #FictionorNot?

Sorry for being creepy. I'm just neurotic. That's all. Don't mind my words.



-- PEACE OUT -- VANCITY SUMMER 2014 -- STOKED --



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...