7.11.2011

IF ONLY HUMANS CAN SLEEP WHEN THEY ARE AWAKE

THEN THERE WOULD BE NO MEANING TO SLEEPING AT ALL.
ACTUALLY SLEEPING WOULD BE ELIMINATED.
AND ALL 24 HOURS OF THE DAYS WOULD BE SPENT WITH OUR EYES ALL OPEN.
THEN EIGHT HOURS WORK DAYS WOULD NO LONGER EXIST.
BUT STILL.
THE WANT.
THE CRAVE.
FOR SLEEP WOULD DISAPPEAR.


[May 2011 - Bianca's birthday]
Bianca goes from classy good girl with a beautiful library in the background to pouring beer at Coppertank on Broadway. AWH YEAH.
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic


[May 2011 - Jethro's + Simply French]
It's a delicious wannabe east side diner on Dunbar for brunch and a wannabe everything French/vintage/classy cafe on 10th Avenue with pretty bad coffee and macaroons. However, both places were thoroughly enjoyed due to good company. It's always who you're with, not where you're at. Make life better; it's on you !
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Jethro's serving size is WOW-able and its price very reasonable. Simply French has beautiful decor, but that's about it. OH ! It's not very crowded, even with furniture... Lots of fresh oxygen and real breathing space.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic


[May 2011 - Dinesty with the Lachman's minus Billy]
We go to Dinesty in Richmond to grab some Chinese nomnoms together. On the way, my Korean genes kick in and I camwhore. I'm wearing a royal blue dress that I've only worn once and a super sophisticated (well I think it's sophisticated.....) trench. I LOVE the trench. Maybe this fall, I'll wear more of it. SAMANTHA !!!!!!! My older Lachman friend is coming back in less than like 4 or 5 days, FINALLY, so I'm super excited. More Chinese food ! More wine ! More fun ! More love !!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

PS. Loving the serious talk pics of Sam + Nicole. Very nice. Indeed.


[May 2011 - Acumen Fund]
Now that I reflect upon the weather in May, it was wild. May was basically November. Why am I wearing all these winter clothes everywhere !??!!!? For example, this Benetton wool sweater...................... UHH. But check out Acumen Fund, a totally world-changing - literally - firm that focuses on ending poverty by lending money to poorer entrepreneurs around the world with a very low interest rate. I feel like that previous sentence that I wrote kind of killed Acumen Fund's appeal. YOU GOTTA CHECK THEM OUT AND READ ALL ABOUT THEM. OKAY ?!!!?!?! Just promise me.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

So yeah. Artsy fartsy photography silent auction event hosted by Acumen Fund in Vancouver on Hastings. I had fun sweating in my palms (nervousness) and also crying (I had no money to bid on pretty photography). But I learned ! I learned that those balloon-like, Asian-like ceiling ornaments are a space-changer. High ceiling space but want a cozier environment ? Those are your answer. ;) ;)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Okay. Enough May stuff. It's like 609539472 bazillion years ago now anyways. I've been so busy. Bad blogger, bad blogger. See ya soon, loves-

2 comments:

아비규환 said...

와 저하얀 조개모양의 것은 뭔가요?떡이나 머쉬맬로우 같기도 하고^^ 즐거워보이네요~

rachel said...

ㅎㅎ 즐거웠었죠 ~ ㅋㅋㅋ, 하얀거.. 빵가튼것이었어요 ! 오리고기랑같이냠냠하는것 *__* !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...