9.22.2010

recent viewings

Last weekend, on a spontaneous call from my friends, I went out and caught The Town. The super acclaimed movie directed and starring Ben Affleck (and Blake Lively and John Hamm).

It was definitely one of the WORST MOVIES I'VE EVER WATCHED.. That I can remember. I came out utterly disappointed and in loss for words. HOW DID THIS MOVIE EVER GET SUCH GREAT REVIEWS !? Was it me !???! Did I miss something ?????
There were scenes that were unforgettable and will stick with me rest of my life. Some cuts where the colors were vivid and bright. Some scenes and dialogues that shocked me to put me to the edge of my seat. But all in all, the movie failed to impress. It was just so... BLAND.

The movie's plot was basically a sad story after another and the film's perk was its ridiculous amount of heavy Boston accent pounding into my head. Gone Baby Gone was a good flick. Stick to that, and stay clear from this one.



I forgot to post a review on a movie I watched way back when in the summer, The Kids are All Right with Annette Bening, Julianne Moore, Mark Ruffalo, and that Mia girl from Alice in Wonderland.

This movie, unlike the previous one mentioned, was BRILLIANT !! IT WAS STUNNING. It was so much fun and had loads of genuine love incorporated into it that I never wanted it to end... (well that's a lie, because I had to go pee REALLY REALLY REALLY BADLY in the theatres). I loved the vividly yellowy colors, the casting, the rawness, and the complexity in the movie. This flick may be labelled "INDIE" or "NEW-AGE" or... idk, etc etc... BUT IN THE END.. It's movies like this one that changes the film industry and the viewer's viewpoints and lives !! GO WATCH IT KIDS. GO GO GO. Be prepared to shed some extra tears !!!



AND THIS IS THE NEXT ONE I WANT TO WATCH !! IT COMES OUT THIS WEEKEND TO FIFTH AVENUE CINEMAS !! NEVER LET ME GO STARRING THE ONE AND ONLY KEIRA KNIGHTLEY !!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...